The business of hemp has been on a hot streak. Last year more hemp based products were sold in the US than any year every before, and 2018 is expected to soar well beyond 2017 numbers. We here are Every Day Optimal are proud to be a part of this industry and part of its impressive growth lately. As 2017 draws to end, we decided to put together this quick article detailing some highlights of the industry in 2017 so we can document, track and compare it to numbers the industries ever expanding numbers in 2018.
Some 2017 Highlights:
[wpsm_list type=”check” hover=”1″]
- In 2017, $820 million worth of legal hemp products were sold in the USA.
- 23% of the $820 million was hemp cbd products, or $190 million
- Hemp was legally farmed and grown in 19 states covering 25,713 acres of land
- 1,456 licenses were issued to grow hemp
- 32 US Universities conducted hemp-related research